Karachi Public Transport Society (KPTS)
- KPTS was estabished in 1997 after closure of KTC.
- It is registered under Social Welfare (Registration and Control) Ordinance 1961.
- A government NGO with public private partnership.
- It has equal representation of senior citizens, transporters and government.
- KPTS offers intra city routes formerly operated by KTC.
- Deregulated fare but to be controlled by Governing Body of KPTS.
- Transporters join the society and induct new and refurbished transport.
- They are required to abide by the rules which emphasize:
- No over-loading and no over-charging
- No stopping at non-designated stops
- No over speeding
- 260 Coaches/Minibuses plying under the scheme.
- Secretary Transport, Government of Sindh Chairman
- DCO, CDGK Co-Chairman
- DIG (Traffic) City Police Vice Chairman
- Secretary DRTA General Secretary
- Secretary PTA Treasurer
- Director General KMTC Member
- Director Social Welfare Member
- Executive District Officer T&C, CDGK. Member
- Mr. Sharfuddin Memon Chief CPLC
- Brig (Retd) S.S.A Qasim Hon. Secretary CIT
- Mr. Imran Saeed Baghpati Rep KCCI
- Mr. Arif Hassan Chairman Urban Resources Centre
- Mr. Smi Mustafa Traffic Management Program
- Mr. Ejaz Nasir (Journalist) Rep. PPI
- Mr. Irshad Hussain Bukhari President KTI
- Mr. Salim Godil (Europe Car) "Metro Radio Cab Service
- Mr. Noor Badshah "Swat Coach Service" (9c Shuttle)
- Mr. Mukhtar Bajwa "United Metro Transport Service"
- Mr. Muhammad Ishaque "IHZ Metro“
- Mr. Asad Hussain Faruqui City Lemousince "Star Radio Cab Service"
- Mr. Muhammad Zohaib Brohi "Smart Radio Cab Service"
- Mr. Saad S. Fariqui Heriz Optimus Ltd "Red Top Cab Service"
- Mr. Sajjad Hussain Mono Radio Cab Service