- Uncontrolled growth of private owned vehicles.
- Inadequate public transport.
- Lack of parking facilities.
- Inefficient / inadequate traffic control system.
- Lack of enforcement of traffic Laws / Rules.
- Rapid population growth is causing serious strain on all civic and municipal services including transport sector.
- Lack of an efficient transportation system in city as well as in the whole province.
- Over saturated existing road based transportation system. It has neither sufficient expansion capacity nor is capable of meeting the present and projected traffic demand.
- Congestion is costing the citizens billions of rupees in terms of loss of time, fuel consumption, vehicle wear and tear and health hazards due to pollution (both air & noise).
- Increasing number of fatal accidents.
- Localized congestion due to road encroachments.
- Pedestrian movements on road.